So you don’t have time for healthy nutrition? Today’s crazy pace often means that our health plays second fiddle to everything else in our lives. Once we’ve taken care of the boss, the spouse, the kids, and the pets, more often than not there is no time left for ourselves. But neglect your health now, and you’ll pay the price later!
Weight management remains at best a haphazard effort, whether we are aiming for weight loss or trying to gain weight, and we happily ignore the impact of proper, quality nutrition on our health, energy, fitness, and even beauty. We forget that there is a price to pay for mistreating our body.
The problem is that the body is like a finely crafted Swiss clock. When the cogs are not cleaned regularly and oiled properly, the clock may gain or lose time and will eventually stop altogether. When denied proper care and healthy nutrition, our systems slow down, and with daily wear and tear, chronic conditions develop which, if not addressed, may lead to serious health concerns.
A body that is well maintained is able to function at its maximum, providing the mind the energy it needs to optimize its potential. “Mens sana in corpore sano”. A healthy mind in a healthy body is really all we need to help us achieve whatever ideals we may be striving for… happiness, prosperity, peace of mind, etc.
Food is the fuel that keeps us going, but not just any junk food. A healthy breakfast personalized with just the right amount of protein can help with weight management, whether we are aiming for weight loss or trying to gain weight. Healthy snacking can get us over the hunger pangs and provide more protein to keep our metabolism working hard to burn the fat and build muscle, all without a trace of guilt.
Targeted nutrition can pinpoint the various ways to improve our diet and support our health for a better quality of life. High-quality targeted nutrition can help:
- boost the immune system with antioxidants and build up resistance to help deal with poor diet, stress, and pollution – to name but a few factors that can affect your health;
- manage stress and anxiety, and deal with insomnia so you can enjoy a good night’s sleep (it does wonders in the beauty department) and greet each new day with renewed energy;
- protect your digestive system by incorporating high fiber food and digestive enzymes in your daily nutrition, and soothe your stomach with herbal aloe;
- support your cardiovascular system and put heart health and fitness at the top of your priority list. Take good care of your cholesterol, triglycerides and circulation with a healthy diet, and help keep heart disease at bay. If weight loss is on the agenda, remember that time is working against you … take care of that weight now;
- deal with women’s health problems head on and help regain control of your life. Get a handle on menopause, pms, and urinary tract infection… and don’t forget to add calcium to your diet to support healthy bones;
- confront men’s issues and aim for peak performance and sexual health. Support a healthy prostate and take male enhancement to new heights;
- address aging concerns like eye care and joint pain before they become major problems, and spoil yourself a little with anti aging skin care with vitamins to revitalize your skin – beauty is ageless!
Energy and Fitness
Energy and fitness both start with a healthy diet and optimum weight. But when a hectic lifestyle leaves us feeling down, a quick pick-me-up like a fizzy energy drink or an energy tea can get us fueled up and bring focus back into our lives. Whether you want to gain weight or enjoy lifting weights, a protein drink with energy-boosting herbs can help build muscle mass for optimum fitness.
Beauty through Outer Nutrition
Beauty can also get a boost from the proper nutrients. Just like inner nutrition supports and protects our body from the inside, outer nutrition can also help protect our skin and hair by replenishing them with the nutrients they need on a daily basis such as antioxidants, vitamins, green tea, and aloe vera.
But Which Diet to Follow?
Diets come and go these days much like fashion fads, and some of these don’t stand a chance of keeping you healthy. So how do you choose?
Supplements to Counter a Poor Diet
In his ‘Physiologie du Gout, ou Meditations de Gastronomie Transcendante’ written in 1826, Anthelme Brillat-Savarin wrote: “Dis-moi ce que tu manges, je te dirai ce que tu es.” – “Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are.” This brilliant author and gastronome could not foresee the damage that a poor diet would inflict on human kind: diabetes, obesity, heart disease, cancer, and a whole lot more. Thankfully, supplements can help restore the balance. The issue comes with choosing the right ones, and finding supplements made with healthy, natural ingredients – not erzats that your body was never designed to process.
Life is finite. There is one commodity in life that does not renew itself and that we cannot purchase, and that is TIME. The extra day you wait to get started is 24 hours of your life that will never come back – and who can guarantee tomorrow?
So why not make today the first day of the rest of your life, the day you make the conscious decision to aim for the highest level of quality of life possible so that you can achieve your best potential. Why not put yourself at the top of the list and choose the lifestyle you have always dreamed of, right here and right now?
If not today, when? What it really boils down to is: how much quality of life do you really want, and how long are you prepared to wait for it? Only you can answer that. The ball is in your court…